As an educational consultant I continue to visit and evaluate programs throughout the United States, including therapeutic boarding schools, residential treatment programs, wilderness programs, addiction treatment programs, and eating disorder programs. I continue to visit new (and re-visit established) programs every year in order to understand the program, and their treatment modality. As a clinician, I am able to assess programs, their treatment modalities, their staff and their quality of care, from a clinical perspective. I am also able to provide parents who are looking to place their children or young adults into a treatment program, with a strong, solid, and clinically based recommendation that meets the needs of their child and their family.
As an educational consultant, with over 30 years of clinical experience as a therapist, I help you find the right therapeutic and healing placement for your child, troubled teen, or young adult.
- Matching the services of a particular school or program to the specific needs of your child is critical for your child’s future.
- Your family and your child has specific and unique needs that must be determined in detail before placement in any program is appropriate.
- My membership in both NATSAP (National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs) and IECA (Independent Educational Consultants Association) provides me with current and valuable information regarding schools and programs; updates about school trends and therapeutic innovations.
The task of determining what is the next best step requires the answers to many questions
- Has outpatient therapy been attempted?
- Has your child been tested, evaluated and assessed?
- How much worse will your child’s behavior and actions need to get before you move forward?
Taking action requires developing a plan.
The challenging, but valuable, process of describing and outlining the events that have been taking place in your family can help you move forward in any decision you make.
- Getting started is as simple as filling out the student profile in the ‘getting started’ section, which can be submitted on line, calling or emailing me.
- Through research, site visits at schools and programs, meetings with the schools’ admissions staff, clinical staff, academic staff, and executive staff and directors, I learn about what each school offers and their philosophy and treatment perspectives.
- I visit the programs, speak with staff and students, and find out what they offer and do best, and provide you with comprehensive results.